Positive Pathways provides outpatient drug and alcohol treatment to adults in the Pittsburgh area. Our counselors and staff psychiatrist offer years of experience in helping those with substance abuse disorders get their lives back on track. Additionally, we can take care of all of your needs in one place, from medication-assisted substance abuse treatment to intensive therapy. With Positive Pathways, you can explore your strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences while recovering from the emotional turmoil that both causes addiction and is created by it.
About Positive Pathways’ Benefits
You don’t have to overcome addiction alone. Prolonged substance abuse causes changes in the brain that lead to dependence and make maintaining sobriety without help nearly impossible. However, programs like Positive Pathways can help. Opioid addiction is more than a physical dependence on drugs. Even after a patient’s physical dependence has subsided, there are powerful psychological and social factors that heighten the risk of relapse:
- People, places, and things
- Past trauma/PTSD
- Financial/legal stress
We offer a variety of services as part of our drug and alcohol abuse treatment programs. This allows our staff to design a unique treatment plan that takes into account your history of use, medical history, and mental health.
Here’s what some of our clients have had to say about Positive Pathways
“I am clean! I can get out of bed without drugs. Positive Pathways has been kind and compassionate.”
– Jeff P., Robinson, PA
“No judgment! Understanding counselors and doctors! I have my life back, I have peace, and I like myself today.”
– Amanda, Munhall, PA
“I am now the person I used to be prior to my addiction.”
– Renee C., Green Tree, PA
“Positive Pathways is helping me to stay clean and live a healthy life for myself and for my daughter. The doctors treat patients with respect, and they have helped me in so many ways. I have continued to stay sober, and my life is more manageable and less stressful. The office is in a good area of the city and has a clean atmosphere. Very professional.”
– Sarah J., Bethel Park, PA
About Positive Pathways’ Services
Every individual’s path into addiction is different, so their recovery will look different as well. So what is it about Positive Pathways that makes us effective? Some of the services that might be part of your recovery include:
- Trauma work – Trauma and addiction are often linked because harmful experiences can have lasting negative effects on mental and physical health. Sometimes, individuals will turn to substance abuse to cope. Substance abuse can also lead to trauma. Our professionals can help you find healthy coping mechanisms to deal with the consequences of trauma
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy can help you heal from traumatic events
- Medication-assisted treatment programs – Medications like Suboxone and Vivitrol can also help manage cravings
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders – The majority of our clients come to us with both a substance abuse disorder and a psychiatric diagnosis. Our staff is uniquely qualified to treat this kind of dual diagnosis
Find Out More By Contacting Us Today
When you are ready to take the next step for your recovery, reach out to our staff. You can contact us at 412.224.2812 for more information about Positive Pathways and the programs we offer. You don’t have to overcome addiction alone — Positive Pathways can help. We are conveniently located on Murray Avenue in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh, on Wabash Street in the West End of Pittsburgh, and on Rochester Road in Cranberry Township, PA.